AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Saturday, November 27, 2010

When it rains it pours.....

I'm not sure were to start. Maybe the happy news first....lol

My beautiful niece, Brook turned 5 on the 22nd. I can't believe it has been 5 years already! Happy Birthday Princess!

Jocelynn has a new friend in the house. Her name is Kelly. Kelly is an Elf on the Shelf. Let's just say, this is one of the best things ever thought up! Basically This Elf (Kelly is ours) watches over Jocelynn and any kids that come to our house, when they go to bed at night she goes to the North Pole and updates Santa on her behavior. By the next morning she is back, but in a different location.

Jocelynn gets excited in the morning, she comes down stairs and immediately looks for Kelly. She also has been on her best behavior for the last week (that is how long we have had it) and she even talks to Kelly. Thank you to Amy and Kristina for telling me about this! You can find them at Hallmark.

Jocelynn is also doing very well staying dry at night. In a week she has (on average) 5 dry nights and 2 wet nights. I pretty excited about that, especially considering we have only been doing this since the beginning of this month. I plan "pushing" a little more after the first of the year!

Now......the other news.

Jocelynn, John and I have all been sick. Some kind of stomach virus/flu thing. It is awful! I stared in Monday with severe stomach cramps, vomiting and diarrhea, which lasted about 36 hours. Even today I am not feeling 100% but better, but I am happy I can finally eat. I went 48 hours with nothing but a little water in my belly.
Jocelynn ended up sick early Thanksgiving morning from 12:30 am until about 6am she was up vomiting every 15 minutes. I thought I was going to have take her to the emergency room, I didn't want her to get dehydrated. At one point I was having her drink juice and ginger ale after she vomited just so that maybe she would absorb some of it and so she would have something in her belly to vomit. The dry heaves were insane. She finally fell asleep about 6:30 and slept until 10:30 and seemed fine. She ate thanksgiving dinner with no issues.
John started last night, vomiting. He feels better today and has been able to eat something but I feel it will be at least another 24 hours before he is truly feeling better.

My Grandfather is also in the hospital. Wednesday he had emergency surgery to remove his Colan, He is "gravely ill" as the Dr. puts it. It will be a long road and as of this morning he was not doing as good as the Dr.'s hoped he would. Please just pray for him.

Also, my crazy brother goes and breaks his collar bone......Thanksgiving day, playing touch football. The ER Dr. told him, "it was the worst break she has ever seen." Go big or go home, right Cory....lol
He will be having surgery to fix this. Praying for a speedy recovery for him!

There is a lot of praying going on in our house. God is listening and will help us through all of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts