AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Happy St. Patty's Day!

SO I guess better late then sorry! I had a horrible St. Patty's Day. I was sicker then I can remember ever being.

My sick HELL started at about 10:30 on Monday night. Without going into a lot of detail...The vomiting started at about 10:30 and didn't let up until 3 in the morning. There was a 2 hour time frame were I didn't even leave the bathroom because there was no point!During the entire time I had some of the worst stomach cramps I had ever experienced. If I didn't know any better I would have thought it was a gallbladder attack, but since mine was removed in 10/2006, I know it wasn't that.

Finally I fell asleep at about 3am and slept for 2 hours....on the couch, because John had to go to work and needed his sleep. At 5am he gets to go to work, tries not to wake me but was unsuccessful. I decide that my throat hurts and I am so dry I need to drink something. I take a sip, yes one sip of ginger ale and 30 minutes later I am in the bathroom bringing it up...WTF

I fall back asleep and stay asleep until 8:30 am. I wake up and at least the cramping is gone. My stomach feels better but not 100%. I decide to try some water and by some miracle, that stays down. I don't dare drink or eat anything else until later. Finally about 7pm I get brave and eat Saltine crackers......Hallelujah, they stay down.....I believe I am finally on the mend!

This morning I am feeling better. I still only dare eat saltines and I am sticking with the water, but was brave again this morning and drank a Coke....so far so good!

Like I said, I have never been so sick except maybe when I was 8 and had chicken pocks! I think it was food poisoning...but who knows!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts