AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Jocelynn's Success!!!!!

ok.....so for the last 2-3 months, I have been in the process of potty training! It has been an interesting journey, both frustrating and rewarding!

Jocey picked up peeing on the potty with ease. She had started asking to go on the potty around Christmas when her 4 year old cousin Gabby was visiting and of course using the potty. So John and I decided to buy a potty seat and go from there. At first we didn't push, if she asked we would put her on the potty but we never pushed the issue. But, when she sis have the timing right during that time, we would praise and be overly excited for her. We did that until May of this past year. decided that it would be a good time to start 'pushing' (I use that lightly) her to go pee on the potty. I knew #2 would be much harder because she always did that during her nap in her sleep. But I figured, lets climb over one hurdle at a time!

The beginning of June, when I became a stay at home Mom, I decided that it was time to do this, after all I had the time! So I started setting a timer for every hour and when the timer went off we would sit on the potty for about 5 minutes (she really wouldn't sit any longer). On occasion, she would surprise me with a #2, and I would get excited with her, but I just wanted her to go pee. Finally after about 2 weeks, she began telling me when she had to pee, so I stopped the timer and allowed her to be in charge. We had our accidents....but nothing like I thought there would be.

About the middle of July we started with the big panties, she loved that idea, of course the few accidents she had meant more clean-up for me, but luckily we have no carpets in the living room! Finally we made it a week towards the end of July with NO accidents, Jocey was able to pick out her own big girl panties to buy, we ended up with Dora...LOL. Every morning she gets to pick out the ones she is going to wear for the day.

Big news , just last week, Jocey started going #2 in the potty. Here we are a week later and I think she has pooped in her pants just 1 time!!!!! I am so proud and amazed that she has picked this all up so quickly!

Well, I still have on more hurdle. Getting her to stay dry through nap and bedtime. I still put a diaper on her for sleeping, but I have noticed that her diaper after a nap seems to be less 'full' so maybe we will be working towards that again soon! I know in the back of my mind that this will take time and I really am not n a hurry for this...I am just happy to be using 2 diapers a day instead of the 4-8 I was using!

YAY JOCELYNN!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts