AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Sunday, January 4, 2009

What a Weekend.....

So, where do I start? There has been allot going on in the last 3-4 days.

Bad News: I found out that my Grandfather has Leukemia. After months and months (and months) of issues with his white blood count, and the Dr. saying it was from an infection, they have determined that he does in fact have leukemia. STUPID DR.'S. WTF is wrong with some people? Seriously, they didn't think that months and months of a high white blood count could or would be something other then an infection? Grandpa has an appointment tomorrow (1/5) so I will know more then. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

Frustrating: I think it is really terrible threes! Jocelynn has been a BEAR! I don't know what to do and I am beyond frustrated with her attitude and tantrums. The worst has been today. I was so frustrated with her tantrum that I picked her up, put her in her bedroom and closed the door. She proceeded to scream at the top of her lungs while banging on her door. She gets herself so upset, that she makes herself sick. I just don't know what to do. I have tried everything and I am seriously at the end of my rope.

I do know that one of my biggest issues is my lack of patience. What book can I read to learn that....LOL. Jocelynn is usually a busy girl. Always doing something and given the chance she will talk your ear off. Lately she has had an attitude that makes my skin crawl. Her favorite word is no and just today we have had 2 potty accidents. I am thinking that the holidays just messed with her schedule and in about a week she will be back to her old self? I find myself wanting to give into what she wants, just so I don't have to deal with the tantrums and screaming. I know this is not the way to handle things and do so would just make my situation worst. I just have to stay consistent and stand my ground. I have a feeling she will be spending allot of time in her bedroom and in the time out corner.

As if things weren't worst, she hasn't been taking her naps. I know this is contributing to her evening tantrums. I just haven't found anything that gets this girl to take her nap. Makes me want to give in and give her Binky back. I don't want to, but the girl needs her sleep. She has only asked for her Binky twice and it has not been asked for since Christmas day. I guess this is my payback for something being easy.

Fun: Yesterday was My Mother's Side of the family Christmas Party. It was fun. Our family seems to have had a baby boom in the last 4 years. There are 7 kids under the age of 4. and 5 others between the age of 6 and 11. WOW. It's funny how we went years with just 1 or 2 little ones and then all of a sudden my cousins and I decided to all have children at once. Family gatherings have become a blast with all the little ones running around!

Tomorrow starts my fun. DIETING....yuck! I am determined to loose 50 pounds this year and keep it off!

1 comment:

Kendra A said...

**HUGS** Sorry to hear about your grandfather...

Post a Comment

Popular Posts