AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Too Much to Ask?!?!?!

I'm not sure were this is coming from. Maybe because I just finish 3 of the most amazing books I have ever read. Can't wait to read the 4th. Maybe I shouldn't torture myself and just learn that my husband is who he is and I love him unconditionally for that! But, can't he have just ONE SMALL ROMANTIC BONE IN HIS BODY? I know deep in my heart that he loves me more then words could ever express, but couldn't he try? Take my face in his hands and tell me how much I mean to him? That his world revolves around me and with out me nothing else matter? He will tell me he loves me, and even we bicker about who loves who more. I love that, but I ALWAYS am the one that prompts it.
Maybe I just being to picky? Maybe I am being too old fashion. I want to be lead into a room with his hand on the small of my back, open the doors for me to enter, hold the car door for me, place his arm protectively around me when we are out. Maybe I was just born in the wrong era? Instead I found a husband who has a hard time with public displays of affection. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to make out in public (although it may spice up our life...LOL) but just the small things. Like when we are out and I shiver, place a warm arm around me. Lean over and kiss my forehead to show me you care.
For example, Jocelynn and I have been sick for the last 2 days. Today my Mom had off so she watched Jocelynn and I spent the day in bed. John came home and not once thought to come up and see how I was feeling or if I needed anything. And then he wondered why I was upset. We seem to have fallen into this 'comfortable' life were he knows I am here and doesn't feel the need to try. I want the beginning of the relationship back. The way he made me feel special. Not with gifts, with his attention.
I do this often. I don't want to change him, I just wish..... I do this when I find a great book or movie that is romantic and I wish and pray that John would read the book or watch the movie and take notes.

As all things, this too will pass and I will be content again with what I have. I know I am the lucky one, I know he loves me and He is my world. Just sometimes I just wish.........

3 comments:

Jekka09 said...

Ah, and Twilight is exactly the reason I'll never, ever, get married. Haha. I feel your pain.

Jody Garcia said...

First, Those feelings you are having are very common. I go through times where i feel like i need more affection or romantic gestures. I can just tell you what I do which my or may not help. Guys can't read our mind, no matter how much we want them to, they aren't wired to think like we do. I would suggest(what I have tried in the past) is calmly explain what you need from him. If you voice it as what you need and not what is he not doing wrong, it might come across more positive to him. When i have gone through different periods where i am more needy then others, I let him know I'm having a hard time and this is what would help me. Just a suggestion. Good luck!

Noahsmom2007 said...

I get it Shelly! We all wish we had a Edward!!!! :)

Post a Comment

Popular Posts